Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lady in Red

When I was in college, I found the most amazing red leather bag for $3 from my favorite thrift shop.  It was the perfect size: I could fit at least 2 notebooks in it, plus makeup, an assortment of pens, phone.  It was cross-body, durable worn leather, and the most wonderful shade of cherry red.  


I LOVED that bag.  Loved.  Past tense.  


My sister's dog ate it.  I was doggie sitting for the weekend.  The dog, a rescue, had (and continues to have) crippling separation anxiety.  Hs coping mechanism is to binge eat.  By the time I got to him, he had already consumed the entire strap.  


Since then I have been on the hunt for another vintage red bag but nothing comes close!  In the meantime, I do like these, found on Etsy:












1 comment:

  1. What is it about red leather that`s just so...tasty looking!

    Amazing how handbags are just one of those things that are so hard to find exactly the right shape and design, yet you know exactly what it should look like! Can you commision it, I wonder...

    ReplyDelete