Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sophie and her Voluptuous Peach Treat



I am taking this peach-based recipe by Sophie Dahl a whole lot more seriously because her grandfather, Roald, wrote my favorite piece of literature on the peach. Is that wrong?
I love how the description is "feeds two greedy people." I am familiar with food-greed. (What? I'm a twin. We learn to be greedy in the womb.)

Ingredients
4 peaches, ripe but firm
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter or sunflower oil
2 cups low-fat greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)

Preheat oven to 450. Wash and halve peaches, removing the pits and place in a small roasting pan. Sprinkle each half with cinnamon and brown sugar, and dot with butter or oil. Cook for about 10 minutes.

While the peaches are roasting, mix the yogurt with vanilla and honey or agave. Serve peaches in a bowl doused with yogurt.

Now I am seriously interested in checking out Sophie's cookbook,
Miss Dahl's Vuluptuous Delights. Have any of you seen it? Worth buying?

recipe and image of peaches via House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment