Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Crunkmas to you

This year is the first year I will spend Christmas without my family.  This year I'll be with my boyfriend's family.  It's not my first holiday with his family - I've actually spent probably at least one of every other holiday with them, but for whatever reason it feels different when it's Christmas.

One of my biggest anxieties, of course, is what to give everyone.  I like giving good gifts.  Around Halloween we were visiting with my boyfriend's family and his brother came back from the airport talking about this drink called Four Loko, which I hadn't heard of.  The next week, it was all over the news - and rumored to be banned. 

I am an anxious person so as soon as November hit, I was already starting to stress about gifts... when it occurred to me that the best gift I could give to my boyfriend's brother was as MANY Four Lokos as I could buy before the FDA banned it and removed it from the store shelves.

So friends, you know what I did?  I went to the convenience store and filled my arms with Four Locos in fruit punch, watermelon and lemonade and whatever disgusting flavors they had, and I asked the 18 year old working there to please go in the back and grab a few more.

And when my boyfriend's brother came to visit in early December, I had to hide them in the back of my closet in a box, just like I did in high school.

Oh, I cannot wait for this weekend!



photo credit: Grub Street & NBC - image is from the hilarious SNL skit with Jason Sudekis :)

1 comment:

  1. I keep hearing about Four Loko everywhere and I think it is hilarious that you gave such a perfect gift for a college kid!

    ReplyDelete