Monday, December 6, 2010

what do you all think about these stocking stuffers?

Because I'm 99.9% sure nobody in my family reads this blog, I am going to go ahead and (potentially) ruin a little holiday surprise to get your opinions, dear internet friends. 

Yesterday I took a trip to the Container Store (and caught a gift wrapping & bow making demo - sweet!) and they had these little reusable plastic bags for sandwiches and snacks.  The hook was the apple print, it reminds me of Orla Kiely

I thought they were awesome.  The 9 year old boy shopping with his mom said they smelled funny (a little true) and made me think they may not be cool with the elementary school set.

But they are reusable, dishwasher safe and adorable.   Did I mention you can put them in the dishwasher? 

How much do you hate buying, using, then throwing away little plastic sandwich bags?  I feel guilt two-fold: first, I'm basically ruining the planet by creating more trash, and second, it's a waste of money - these cost about the same as 2 boxes of Glad zipper sandwich bags.

Thoughts?  I already bought a few for my family and friends (okay and also for myself - I'll admit it) but do you think they will put them in a drawer never to be used?  Or do you think people will like them? 



1 comment:

  1. I feel guilt over sandwich bags too! But i am never want to wash them. They are so flimsy! Is that snobby or laziness?? Hm..
    These re-useable bags sound cool, and anything I can put in the dishwasher, I am okay with! I am sure your friends and family will like them.

    ReplyDelete