Thursday, January 7, 2010

The One That Got Away


Do you want to know what I daydream about? This dress.

I saw it on Sunday-- love at first sight.

The only thing I didn't like was the $350 I'd have to spend to have it hanging in my closet-- I don't have that kind of money for a party dress right now. I would have to throw parties to have an excuse to wear it and then try really hard not to spill anything on myself.

SO. Being the dress detective (or professional time waster) that I am, I didn't give up until I tracked it down. Relentless pursuit, I think, is what they call that.

I finally tracked it down in the "SOLD" file. On Monday a woman with impeccable taste bought that dress, but I saved the pictures and I'm going to daydream about it for the rest of my life.

Oh and do you know what it was called? 1950's Vintage Metallic Polka-Dot Sparkling Gold-Lame Couture Heavily-Pleated Sculpted Strapless Shelf-Bust Rockabilly Princess Circle-Skirt Bombshell Ballerina-Cupcake Holiday Wedding Party Prom Cocktail Dress.

An absolutely ridiculous name, but you know what? I probably searched half those adjectives into the Etsy searching for it today.

(Seller is called Timeless Vixen Vintage-- lots of gems in that shop!)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Yeah, I have a few of those dress stalkings in my past too...I have a nice sad folder of them saved on my computer! What an awesome auction heading...

    ReplyDelete