Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New alternative to the played-out antler trend, for those of us who still love antlers

I love the antler trend in home design.  I know it's everywhere now and therefore probably uncool to blog about now, but there is something about antlers paired with feminine details that makes it rustic enough to balance a room.  Also, I grew up in Michigan, where hunting is a fun activity everywhere across the state except for my hometown of Ann Arbor.

I like this alternative to the antler trend--  one, I love lucite, and two, because living with a dead animal mounted on the wall just doesn't sit right with me, but I've always wanted a den with a 12-point.  I know.  It doesn't make sense.

I think it would look good with dark wallpaper-- like this Hygge & West fir wallpaper.  The dark tones make the lucite stand out, but is it too over-the-top with the forest theme? 

I think it has a sense of humor but I understand when you are spending $500 on a lucite deer head and over $100 a roll on the wallpaper, "humor" might not be the look you are trying to achieve.

(photo credit: A + R Store, also where you can buy me yourself this deer)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Looks gorgeous and shiny and fresh with the red too. I want one of those monochrome forest wallpapers too...

    http://blinds-wallpaper.net/wallpaper/WALLPAPER/TREES-AND-PLANTS/Birch-Tree-Gray-Wallpaper/prod_2705.html

    ReplyDelete