Tuesday, November 30, 2010

new fave blog: i want to be her

One of my favorite pieces of Lucky Magazine - which I've discussed before! - was (since she's left the building!) co-founder & editor Andrea Linett's page with a watercolor sketch and lots of beautiful things.  It reminds me of my friend Lauren's blog, My Closet in Sketches (mentioned here).

So imagine my delight now that I can see a new Andrea Linett sketch, not monthly with each new issue of Lucky, but on her very own website, I want to be her!  (How perfect is that name, by the way?)  I imagine Ms. Linett has more creative license on her own website now, and ZOMG why didn't they let her do this with Lucky because these are amazing. 

My favorites so far are:

Sharon, painter & stylist from Columbus, Ohio.  That ostrich feather collar, sequin clutch and wedge boots combination is very nice.



and

Flea Market Girl: for her killer outfit, obviously; but also because I always see a girl I want to be when I go flea marketing and think, why can't I look that cool?  It's probably because I am not brave enough to wear red pants or a leopard jacket, let alone at ONE TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment